Kimchi is a representative traditional Korean dish of salted and fermented vegetables with various seasonings. The most common ones are garlic, ginger, chili peppers, salt, and fish sauce. But the endless combinations give a range of flavour – sweet, sour, salty, and spicy – and incredible health benefits!
Health benefits of Kimchi
- Supports immune system function
- Kimchi contains probiotic lactic acid bacteria (LAB) thatresearchers found may supportand strengthen the immune system.
- May prevent cancer
- According to an epidemiological study, cabbage – a common ingredient of Kimchi is highly effective in preventing stomach cancer and colon cancer with its richness in dietary fibre.
- Could slow down aging
- Chronic inflammation is linked to the acceleration of the aging process. Kimchi is rich in antioxidants, which are known to help stabilise damaged cells and reduce inflammation.
- Improves digestion
- Kimchi is the key if you struggle with digestive issues like constipation or indigestion. Its high fibre and beneficial probiotic bacteria will ensure a healthy digestive flow.